Please note: Applications are now open.
Are you interested in working in intellectual disability services and study for a social care degree at the same time? Apply now by sending an email and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Michael’s House and the Open Training College has developed an innovative earn as you learn scheme. This scheme allows people to work for the organisation and study for an approved qualification. Read about the scheme here
Work- Study Scheme
You work for a minimum of three days per week as a Direct Support Worker with St. Michael’s House. And at the same time study for a 3-year Level 7 degree - BA in Social Care with the Open Training College. Get more details on the course here
Therefore the benefits for you for instance are
- Exciting opportunity to start a career in intellectual disability
- Work in the area of intellectual disability support
- Earn as you learn
Note the Entry Requirements for the Course are
- Interest in and commitment to the area of intellectual disability
- The ability to complete a level 7 degree
- Have the time flexibility to meet the requirements of the course including practice placements that are unpaid
- Be over 23 and/or have completed a relevant Level 5 or Level 6 qualification
- All applicants must also satisfactorily pass an entry interview, be fit to practice and gain Garda Clearance
The job of a Direct Support Worker involves supporting people with an intellectual disability. You will support people to take part in life activities and participate in their local community and society in general.
So this position will provide you with an exciting opportunity. If successful you can develop your career, and at the same time provide personal support services for people with intellectual disabilities.
St. Michael’s House (SMH) is a community-based organisation. SMH is committed to providing a quality person centred service and high standard of living to people with an intellectual disability in the greater Dublin area.
See more of what we do at our website here
Read the work study scheme Irishjobs advertisement here
Open Training College
Our mission is to provide learning opportunities in intellectual disability, social care, health-related and non-profit services. And these opportunities are are flexible, accessible and accredited.
BA in Social Care
Graduates leave with a set of knowledge, skills and attitudes that enables them to engage and manage everyday operations in a social care area. Study through a blended model of learning (practice placement, online and classroom).