This one-day expert-led workshop looks at HIQA as a management issue. It:
- Provides an overview of the HIQA standards and how they affect residential services for people with disabilities
- Examines the governance and management issues that must be considered when implementing HIQA
- Allows participants assess organisational preparedness by providing the opportunity to work through simulated inspections and conduct detailed self-assessments of their service and organization
Who Is This Course For?
This course is aimed at senior personnel people working in residential services for people with disabilities who are responsible for decision-making, implementation and inspection recommendations around the HIQA standards.
Participants at previous courses have included service managers, regional managers, and heads of units.
At a Glance
- Audience Senior personnel working in residential services
- Duration1 day
- AwardOTC Certification
- Start DateOngoing
After successfully completing the course you should be able to:
- Possess a detailed understanding the HIQA standards and how they affect the strategic and operational management of residential facilities for people with disability
- Be able to describe and critically discuss the governance issues that are raised by the standards
- Understand the operational and organisational commitments that are required to correctly implement HIQA
- Analyse inspection reports to identify examples of good and poor practice
- Be able to evaluate your current organisational readiness against HIQA standards
- Manage the response to your organisational preparedness assessment
The course covers the following topics
- Quality of Life
- Development & Health
- The Physical Environment
- Governance and Management (Advanced)
- Important HIQA notifying events
- HIQA as a positive ongoing quality assurance tool
- Criteria: Indicative not prescriptive
- Additional organisational commitments (Fit Person Entry programme, Action Plans, Registration, Breaches of the Act)
About the Workshop
A subject matter expert, with extensive experience in providing coaching/training to people working in the human services and non-profit sector, leads each workshop. The focus is very much practical reflecting the background of all our staff, who all have extensive first line experience. Their objective is to first help you understand the subject matter and then show you how to apply it in your working practice.
Discussion, collaboration and the sharing of experiences are actively encouraged in order for the workshop to achieve this. The fact that our courses are aimed specifically at the human services and non-profit sector means that the workshops are not just a learning opportunity. They have also become a highly effective way for people to network with their fellow professionals.
The Learning Experience
The Tutor’s View – Brendan Collins
The diversity of groups attending the workshops is a real asset to all participants.
Everyone gets to hear exactly how other services are dealing with common challenges such as coping with reduced budgets while needing to deliver the same high standard of service.
Participants will receive an OTC Certificate of Completion after attending the workshop.
Dates & Duration
The workshops are held on a regular basis and last one day. Contact us find out details of the next dates.
The workshop cost €140 to attend.
Booking a Place
Apply by visiting the Online Application Centre.
How Can We Help?
Contact us if you want to know more about the course.
Call or eMail
Call: (+353 1) 298 8544
Mail: Click Here