The overall aim of the training is to equip PIC’s with the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies in order to provide effective supervision and support to frontline staff members working in residential units in accordance with the formal policy and / or approaches on Supervision in place within the organisation, national and international best practice and the relevant regulations as identified in the Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations 2013.
What is the Supervision process? Click here for a quick introduction to Supervision.
At a Glance
- Audience Persons in Charge / People about to be appointed or who are newly appointed PICs.
- Award TypeOTC Certificate of Completion
- CPD Points6
- LocationOnsite or Offsite
- Apply ByContact the College
- Workshop DateContact the College
- Duration1 Day: 9.30am – 4.00pm
- Fee€195 (group discounts apply)
Key Learning Outcomes
- Identify the relevance and importance of the supervision process in effectively supporting frontline staff in the delivery of safe, quality services;
- Implement the supervision process in accordance with the organisation’s policy and / or approaches on Supervision;
- Engage in the Supervision process in order to ensure that such Supervision meets the distinct regulatory requirements of the Health Information and Quality Authority inspection process as identified in the Health Act 2007;
- Implement the Supervision process with frontline staff using the skills of effective communication, two-way feedback and clear and concise record keeping;
- Engage in reflective practice in order to enhance the process of Supervision for current and future supervisees;
- Manage the process of Supervision from both the perspective of being a supervisor and being a supervisee.
This is an information event which holds 6 CPD points and participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’ from the OTC for inclusion in the student’s CPD portfolio. The certificate will also include the list of learning outcomes upon which the workshop is based.
How the course will improve the learner’s career prospects
Supervision plays a critical part in the role of managing staff members effectively in order to assist in ensuring the delivery of quality services to people. Supervision is also cited in the Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations 2013 as being a critical function of the PIC role.
Please contact the College for the next dates.
This is a one-day workshop which runs from 9.30am – 4.00pm approx.
Onsite at participants’ organisation, or offsite.
The course fee is €195. Group discounts apply.
How to reserve your place at the workshop
Contact Conor on 01-2990580 to discuss customised delivery of the workshop, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can We Help?
Contact us if you want to know more about the course.
Call or eMail
Call: (+353 1) 298 8544
Mail: Click Here