Learn new approaches in relation to creating, designing and progressing individualised services in Ireland today. This course provides new material based on international best practice and quality which influence how services are delivered within the wider non-profit/human services setting.
This workshop is a must for key decision makers and Social Care professionals.
At a Glance
- Audience Key decision makers and Social Care professionals
- FormatSkills Workshop
- Award TypeOTC Certificate of Completion
- CPD Points6
- Apply ByFinal places available
- Workshop DateJune 14th, 2019
- Duration1 Day: 10am – 4pm
- Fee Early Bird €120 (includes workshop materials)
Delivered as a stand-alone segment of our popular Honours BA in Professional Social Care (Disability) programme, this skills workshop will examine important areas, such as:
- The nature and characteristics of individualised service provision and the ethical issues associated with such services and supports within the wider policy context.
- Ways in which to plan for an individualised service using the principles of Social Role Valorisation and the Discovery Process.
- The concept of person centred planning, its relationship to individualised service design and the resources needed to support this initiative.
- Innovative and creative ways to promote and progress the delivery of individual and person centred service provision at an organisational level.
Students will be asked to engage with cutting edge information and content and also partake in large/small group sessions during the day.
This is an information event which holds 6 CPD points and participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’ from the OTC for inclusion in the student’s CPD portfolio. The certificate will also include the list of learning outcomes upon which the workshop is based.
Further Study Options
For those participants who already possess a level 7 Social Care qualification, there is an opportunity to continue your studies in this area beyond the workshop event. You can avail of the assessment option which is validated by QQI and is worth 10 credits at Level 8 (NFQ). The assignment will be written over a number of weeks where you will receive significant student supports from the OTC team that will include telephone/email/online tutorials with your assigned tutor in order to guide you through the course content. You will engage in the online supports in your own time in order to enhance your understanding of the topic and help support your successful assignment submission after a number of weeks. This accredited option is open to those who have already attended the workshop and carries an additional cost of €275
The workshop will be held on Friday, June 14th, 2019.
- Application deadline: Final places available now
- Workshop Date: Friday, June 14th, 2019
- Time: 10am – 4pm
- Location: Conference Centre, Radisson Blu, Athlone
- Duration: This is a one-day workshop
The Early Bird rate is €120 – fee includes Module materials; Teas and coffees will be served at 11.00am.
(Standard rate is €145.)
How to reserve your place at the workshop
You have two options:
a) Follow these steps and apply online within 5 minutes:
Step 1: Please note that there is a 15 minute time limit for inputting details
Step 2: Have your PPS number ready for input.
Step 3: Have a debit card ready for input, if applicable.
Step 4: Click on this link to the application form and choose the black Apply Online button.
Step 5: Choose the CPD courses option, and choose ‘Supporting Individualised Living – Skills Workshop – 14.6.19’ option from the list.
Step 6: Complete only the mandatory fields marked with a red asterisk. You do not need to complete the requests for photo ID, Employment details, Education or Reference information, to attend this workshop.
Step 7: Accept the Terms and Conditions and press the Proceed button to pay.
b) Call our team on 01-2988544 to make a reservation and pay the fee using a debit card.
If your fees are being funded by your employer please ignore the payment page on the application centre and supply account contact details to Louise at email@example.com and she will email you an invoice to be paid within 10 days.
How Can We Help?
Contact us if you want to know more about the course.
Call or eMail
Call: (+353 1) 298 8544
Mail: Click Here