This one-day expert-led workshop provides:
- A detailed overview of the HIQA standards and how they affect residential services for people with disabilities
- The opportunity to assess organisational preparedness by allowing participants:
- Work through simulated inspections
- Conduct detailed self-assessments
Who Is This Course For?
This course is aimed a people working in residential services for people with disabilities who need to be familiar with the HIQA standards. Participants at previous courses have included social care workers and leaders, nursing staff and care assistants.
At a Glance
- Audience People working in residential services
- Duration1 day
- AwardOTC Certification
- Start DateOngoing
After successfully completing the course you should be able to:
- Possess a detailed understanding of the 8 Themes and Standard Statements of a person-centred quality service
- Be familiar with some of the associated Standard Features
- Have the knowledge required to start evaluating the services being provided in your work setting
- Be able to identify, within your organization, areas of good practice and areas where improvement is required
Topics covered include:
- Quality of Life
- Development & Health
- The Physical Environment
- Governance & Management
About the Workshop
A subject matter expert, with extensive experience in providing coaching/training to people working in the human services and non-profit sector, leads each workshop. The focus is very much practical reflecting the background of all our staff, who all have extensive first line experience. Their objective is to first help you understand the subject matter and then show you how to apply it in your working practice.
Discussion, collaboration and the sharing of experiences are actively encouraged in order for the workshop to achieve this. The fact that our courses are aimed specifically at the human services and non-profit sector means that the workshops are not just a learning opportunity. They have also become a highly effective way for people to network with their fellow professionals.
The Learning Experience
The Tutor’s View – Ray Lynch
The workshop setting is ideal for giving people the time and space and up-to-date information, in order to allow them tease out the issues and formulate genuine solutions.
The Student View – Geraldine Reussmann, Manager, St Patricks Centre
We have aims to be better and provide better quality service – making improvements all the time. The workshop has encouraged me to work hard and encourage and motivate other staff to work towards meeting the standards and improving our practices. A very worthwhile training experience.
Participants will receive an OTC Certificate of Completion after attending the workshop.
Dates & Duration
The workshops are held on a regular basis and last one day. Contact us find out details of the next dates.
The workshops cost €120 to attend.
Booking a Place
Download, complete and return the application form.
How Can We Help?
Contact us if you want to know more about the course.
Call or eMail
Call: (+353 1) 298 8544