FREE Seminar/Workshop Event!
Communications and interpersonal Skills in Social Care
Are you curious about the OTC workshops that take place for students of the BA in Professional Social Care (Disability)? Well, here is a great opportunity to find out more. The Open Training College is pleased to invite you to this free workshop event.
The Course Tutor of our Social Care (Disability) degree will take you through some popular topics in the area of communications. By the end of this interactive workshop you will have explored areas such as:
- Influences on communication within a social care context
- Verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Key aspects of the role of the Social Care Worker in inter-disciplinary teams
- Skills needed to plan, design and deliver a presentation
- Effective ways to deal with stress within social care
- Key social care skills including active listening, motivational interviewing and mindfulness
In addition you will have been given the opportunity to discuss your expectations and concerns about returning to 3rd level study.
When: Monday 28th or Tuesday 29th May, 9am – 1pm
Where: Marino Institute of Education, Dublin. Tel: (01) 8057760
This taster session will help you to experience the energy and content of a typical Social Care workshop event where student engagement and stimulating discussion make for lively and valuable learning for all of the participants.
The seminar is FREE but as space is limited, booking is essential and is on a first come, first served basis.
Contact Conor on (01) 2988544 or email@example.com.
Free parking is available at the venue and tea/coffee will also be served.
Please inform any colleagues who have an interest in the BA in Professional Social Care (Disability). We look forward to meeting you.