STEP 3: Submit Your Application
The online application form is simple to complete. Its organised into 8 short sections and it should only take a few minutes to begin the process of registering your application. You can find detailed instructions on how to complete by visiting the Application Help page.
Two parts of registering your application are worth noting at this point:
- The importance of submitting a well thought out personal statement
- The most cost efficient way of paying for your application
The personal statement is a key part of your application because it helps us understand just why you want to take the course. We’ve provided a Word document to help you write yours. It asks 4 questions:
- Tell us a little about yourself
- Where are you currently working / volunteering?
- What do you hope to achieve in your career in the future?
- Why do you want to take the course and how will the course help you achieve your goals?
Your replies should be short because your personal statement has to be around 300 words. Details instructions on how to add it to your application can be found on the Application Help page.
It is important to state that you do not need to have prepared your Personal Statement before beginning your application and you can modify it at any time before the closing date for receipt of applications. Like any of the supporting documentation, it can be added to your application once you have paid your application fee and registered to apply for the course.
Paying Your Application Fee
The application fee of €95 is only relevant to the longer (9 months or more) courses. If you pay by debit card it is €95. However, it is €105 if you use a credit card – the €10 difference is purely the result of bank charges (we do not gain anything by it) and we urge applicants to use a debit card if at all possible.
After payment has been received, a mail will be sent to the email address you provided on your application. This will contain a username and password for your application management account. This can be used to:
- Add additional information to your application (for example, upload transcripts or forms)
- Monitor the progress of your application
- Pay fees if you are offered a place
It is therefore very important that you keep your application management account information safe and secure.
Once you’ve registered your application, we’ll review it and provide you with any assistance you need in ensuring that is ready for assessment and discussion.