DYNAMIC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
QUALITY IN HIGHER AND FURTHER EDUCATION
We are seeking applications from enthusiastic, career-focused and suitably qualified candidates to work in an exciting and challenging role:
Head of Quality and Academic Affairs (Permanent Contract)
The Head of Quality and Academic Affairs, leading a team of committed individuals has responsibility for the delivery of excellent student learning and academic processes; and ensuring that the College is compliant with quality regulation and demonstrates ongoing quality improvement and enhancement in our higher and further programmes of education.
We would welcome hearing from you if you are a self-starter with a career interest in the quality of higher and/or further education provision and if you meet the following criteria:
• A primary degree in a relevant area
• A relevant postgraduate qualification OR currently studying for a relevant post graduate qualification
• Relevant experience of working in Quality Assurance in an academic setting
• Experience/ understanding of accreditation system(s) and programmes, and /or validation processes as they operate in Ireland
• Excellent people management skills and competencies
• Excellent organisational, team-working and interpersonal skills
• Competence in information/data analysis, synthesis, summarising and presentation including report writing
• Understanding /experience of accreditation system(s) and programmes particularly under Quality Qualifications Ireland (QQI)
• An in-depth understanding of the Irish framework of qualifications (NFQ) and
its linkage to other frameworks internationally
• An understanding of the QA/QE of online and blended programmes
• Competence in the management and operation of Information Management
Systems (IMS) and or database(s)
What we can offer:
- Specialist mentoring and coaching for the ‘right’ applicant with evident potential and who is building their skill and expertise in this area.
- Opportunity to work in a modern, inclusive and friendly environment.
- Continuous education and career pathway development.
- Pension and Sick Pay Scheme.
- Work/Life balance (home-working).
- Free on-site parking.
- Employee wellbeing supports.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
Informal enquiries to: Raymond Watson, Assistant College Director at the Open Training College at (01) 2988544 or email us at email@example.com
Salary Scale: The successful candidate will be paid in line with 2021 HSE Grade VII consolidated Grade VII pay scale point 1: €51,342 – point 15: €66,743 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (probationary period applies – 11 months)
Applicants without public sector experience will be placed on point 1 of the pay scale.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: 5.00pm on Friday, 1st July, 2022*.
Interviews will be held the week of 11th July, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that a six-month panel will be formed from this competition from which future vacancies may be filled.
St. Michael’s House (Open Training College) is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please submit CV to https://www.rezoomo.com/job/
The Open Training College (OTC), Goatstown, D.14 is a commercial third-level institution established by St. Michael’s House in 1992. The College delivers a range of accredited (QQI) and non-accredited courses (blended/online) for the disability, health related and human service sector. (see www.opentrainingcollege.com). The Open Training College is wholly owned by St. Michael's House, Dublin.
St. Michael’s House (SMH) is a state funded disability service organisation providing a comprehensive range of services and supports to men, women, and children with intellectual disabilities and their families in 170 locations in the greater Dublin Area. It supports c2000 people and this has an impact on thousands of family members. (see www.smh.ie).