This course is for delivery to Groups of 8 or more. Course delivery is always numbers dependent so we encourage you to contact the OTC if you or your team are interested in participating in this online face to face workshop. Commence at any time. Contact Conor:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- tel: 086 0756580 (Business hours 9am-5pm)
At Your Location (numbers dependent) or to be agreed
OTC Cert in Supervision for PICs
At Any Time
Persons in Charge (PICs), Managers, Supervisors & those interested in developing first line management capabilities
WORKSHOP DATE / TIME
To be arranged
€195 pp - Group discounts apply - includes workshop materials and CPD certificate
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE
Supervision for PICs aims to equip PIC’s with the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies in order to provide effective supervision and support to frontline staff members working in residential units.
The content is in accordance with the formal policy and / or approaches on Supervision in place within the organisation, national and international best practice and the relevant regulations as identified in the Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations 2013.
The course is aimed at Persons in Charge (PICs), people about to be appointed PICs.
WHAT YOU WILL YOU LEARN
The participant is introduced to how to:
- Identify the relevance and importance of the supervision process in effectively supporting frontline staff in the delivery of safe, quality services;
- Implement the supervision process in accordance with the organisation’s policy and/or approaches on Supervision;
- Engage in the Supervision process in order to ensure that such Supervision meets the distinct regulatory requirements of the Health Information and Quality Authority inspection process as identified in the Health Act 2007;
- Implement the Supervision process with frontline staff using the skills of effective communication, two-way feedback and clear and concise record keeping;
- Engage in reflective practice in order to enhance the process of Supervision for current and future supervisees;
- Manage the process of Supervision from both the perspective of being a supervisor and being a supervisee.
READY TO FIND OUT MORE?
Supervision is an essential part of any effective service. Send us your email today to receive our easy to use online tutorial: 'An Introduction to Supervision'.
How will this Course be Delivered
This course is delivered as a one-day workshop (9.30am - 4.00pm) at your location, or a location to be agreed.
The Student View
Why did you choose to study with the College?
Studying with the OTC was such a wonderful experience for me; it has given me confidence in myself.
HOW THE COURSE WILL IMPACT YOUR CAREER
Supervision plays a critical part in the role of managing staff members effectively in order to assist in ensuring the delivery of quality services to people. Supervision is also cited in the Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations 2013 as being a critical function of the PIC role.
See further courses that will support you as a manager or help you develop for a management role, in the other courses area at the bottom of this page.
This is an information event which holds 6 CPD points and participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’ from the OTC for inclusion in the student’s CPD portfolio. The certificate will also include the list of learning outcomes upon which the workshop is based.
Successful participants will obtain:
- OTC Certificate in Supervision Training for Persons in Charge (PIC's)
FURTHER STUDY OPTIONS
Participants may be interested in taking the Certificate in Applied Management (Human Services) - Level 6 one year course, which is Year One of the OTC's BA in Applied Management (Human Services) - Level 7 degree.
Alternatively, they can commit to just one or more of the two Fastrack management Modules:
HOW TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE ON THIS WORKSHOP
Important Notes for Applicants
Applicants and students will be contacted by email by the College. Please save the College’s email address(es) eg. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Contacts /Safe Senders list, and check your emails (including your Spam folder) regularly to ensure correspondence is not overlooked. Thank you!
Start Making your Application
To visit the Online Application Centre, click on the link below.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Contact us if you want to know more about the course.
Call Conor: (+353) 086 0756580 (Business hours 9am-5pm)
Mail: Please use the contact form below.